Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thrift Store Frames

Most of my house has what I call “awkward wall space.” These are spaces that traditional art or wall decor won’t fit or just looks…awkward. Besides, although I love it, I’m too cheap frugal to spend a lot of cash on art. Of course up-cycling has become an art in itself, no?

The first place I’m showing you is in my kitchen. There’s a hallway that leads to my garage but it has a nice big window. It was ok but still needed a little something.

“Why not my kids artwork?” I asked myself.

IMG_4161

I placed the artwork in thrifted frames that I had stashed away. The pop of color is just perfect.

IMG_4160

The next area in need of help was also in my kitchen. I had removed my large windowpane chalkboard and now the wall was naked!

Back into my frame stash. This time I pulled out a large one and stapled chicken wire on the back. Adding stamped clothespins turned it into a message/photo board. It’s a great place to put pictures, sayings, schoolwork, reminders, or anything else that you can pin up with a clothespin (not including your laundry).

IMG_4158

IMG_4155 IMG_4167

IMG_4157

Well, there you have it. A couple of ideas for all of those garage sale frames that you’ve been hanging onto. Go forth and fill them!

Tanya

3 comments:

  1. I am never that lucky to find frames like those. We have a great GW but the frames are lacking. Love how you displayed your kids art. I have a large wall with the kids art also, it's always fun to swap art out.

    I've always wanted to use chicken wire like this, so cute!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, I love your style! Thanks for visiting my blog; I'm so glad to see yours, too! I'm your newest follower. :) As to you question of how I paid off my house, I wrote a lot about it on the blog. The tag "Saving Money" will show you a lot of those posts. The key factors, though, were:

    1. We live in Texas, and real estate is CHEAP!!
    2. We have a strict budget.
    3. We're committed to debt-free living (thanks Dave Ramsey).

    P.S. LOVE the garage sale frames. So cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these pins.
    come link them up at our linky parties (every/most wednesdays).

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.