Friday, July 15, 2011

Closet Door Before & After

When we carved out a space for our pantry in the kitchen, some of the closet under the stairs was sacrificed. This was ok by me because it actually made the odd space at the back more useable. However, I hated that it didn’t have a door!

IMG_2513

You might recognize that shoe rack! Anyway, I now have a door and I want to show it to you.

Ta da!

IMG_4128

I think she’s lovely. We (of course by “we” I mean Rob) used hardware that is traditionally used to frame up a fence gate.

IMG_4131

It’s still kind of messy in there. But it gives a place for mail, vacuum hoses, and backpacks to live. I did a whitewash on the actual door and painted the trim. What do you think? Should I just go ahead and paint it? Your opinion please…

I’m linking up at Cindy’s Romantic Home. So much fun and inspiration that you have to check it out!

Tanya

5 comments:

  1. Love the white wash with the pine. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that door when we saw it at your house! It's super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out great - love the hardware too!
    :)
    Wishing you & yours a great weekend, Tanya!
    ~ Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. The door is beautiful and I love the whitewashed look. Y'all did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, what a fabulous space! i love that it's big enough to actually store stuff, and pretty enough with the door to not be glaringly obvious what it is. fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.