Monday, June 13, 2011

Pottery Barn Hack Bookshelf

Remember the Pottery Barn cubby bookshelf? pottery barn cubbies for dining room
I do love it. However, in the spirit of use what you have, buy it used, make it, or live without it, my wheels started turning.
I have a shoe/boot cubby shelf thingy that we “found” behind an Elementary school about ten years ago. It was to be thrown away and we asked if we could have it. With bewildered expressions they told us to take it away. It was neon orange. I’ve kept it in my garage for years. Then I painted it brown and moved it into a closet. When I saw this on PB a light bulb went off. I fully intended to paint it white and put the label holders on it, etc. However, we’re having a Baby shower here in July for our first Grand-baby and I have crib sheets, bibs, and blankets to get made. Not to mention finishing up the garden fence, painting, cleaning, cooking. You get the idea. I know you’ve been there!
So I dragged it out of my closet in all of it’s chocolate brown glory and placed it against a kitchen wall to hold a multitude of essentials that we use regularly.
IMG_4066
What do you think? Pottery Barn it ain’t…but I’m ok with that for now. The wall above it is going to have a killer chalkboard that I’ll show you soon.
IMG_4068
Is it thumbs up or thumbs down?
I’ll be joining in with The Nester on Wednesday to show you some of my favorite Yard sale finds (or maybe other curb-side treasures).
See ya then!

1 comment:

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING...? YES, I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.
    You just gotta spray it white and add labels..it is darling right now but.....it will be W.O.W. when you paint it.
    I am going to go look behind every grade school I can find and see if I find the mate to this awesome cutie. :)))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.