Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mantel and Velvet Curtains

Just a couple of small changes in the living room this weekend. My time is split between the living room/dining room and the outside projects. But it’s nothing new. We bounce back and forth between projects, EVENTUALLY getting them all done.

Rob made this mantel for me out of some weathered wood last year. I left it bare for awhile and then put a white, chippy looking finish on it.

IMG_4008

It was ok, but it just wasn’t working for me anymore. So I put a coat of dark walnut over the existing painted finish. It’s hard to tell in the picture but it really toned it down and made it relate to the stone behind it.

IMG_4014

IMG_4012

IMG_4011

I also put up some velvet curtains on my picture window. I have white blinds up that aren’t my favorite. However, it’s a south facing window and in the heat of summer we need them. I also pulled my Ikea Ektorp couch in that I had stashed in my bedroom.

IMG_4010

IMG_4016

What a difference some curtains make! Of course they’re too short so I’ll have to remedy that soon.

It’s starting to come together. I hope you come back to check on my progress.

Have a safe and blessed Memorial Weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Everything is looking great.
    I love your mantel. It does look good with your stone.
    Have fun with it all...:)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.