Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Just Can’t Stay Inside!

The days are growing warmer and the garden is coming to life. My indoor projects and chores are going to have to wait patiently while I spend my time here…  
IMG_3822 
by my English peas that are beginning to grab for the trellis.

IMG_3823
And by my new strawberry patch. I planted 50 plants that I ordered from Gurney’s Nursery and I’m very happy with them.
Seedlings are coming up in my newspaper pots. 
IMG_3827 You can really end up with something that looks like modern art without trying!  I didn’t do it on purpose, I promise. But I did get a chuckle when I spotted Hitler on an Ipod?
IMG_3826
IMG_3828
Something new is a Hardy Kiwi that will twine all around my  garden fence that hubby is currently working on.
IMG_3832
Potatoes growing in a bin. This is an experiment and I’ll let you know how it goes.
However, the number one reason I can’t stay inside is the siren song of these little chicks. I love their little faces, peeping, and antics.
IMG_3802 IMG_3804  IMG_3809
Until next time…

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your cozy blog!! You even have chickens! I'm so jealous, I'm still working on the family to jump on board with me on that subject. They think Mom's gone mad. I'll keep working on brainwashing them on the chicken idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your peeps are adorable. I can't wait until mind arrive ~ May 3 ~ I am soooo excited ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see all your plants coming out for Spring! Wish our weather would improve just a tad. Tons of snow in Calgary this week :(

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.