Monday, June 28, 2010

Stripes of Summer

It seems that stripes go with summer just as plaid goes with fall. Without even realizing it, I've been falling for stripes ever since it has gotten warm (hot!) outside. I bought new beach towels, all striped. New throw pillow, striped ticking.
Something about stripes says casual beach house.
Although they can be quite formal, the ones I gravitate to are the sun bleached, sandals and swimsuit kind of stripes.
Could it be because of the stars and stripes? I don't know but I'll keep enjoying them all summer until I feel a gust of cold wind. Then I'll be searching out plaid and Buffalo checks!
On another note, it's good to be back. I was on a nice long family vacation. I did a lot of lounging by the pool, swimming in the ocean, and too much eating. It was great. Hope you're having a blessed and joyful summer. Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. I agree: bleached stripes speak of summer to me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes do say beach to me too!

    You asked about my stairs. Yes, when we bought this house they had carpeting on them which we pulled off. I took out a kabillion staples and then I used porch paint and painted them because they weren't in good condition.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange - but that is so true! I love stripes in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that striped table cloth....actually I LOVE all your stripes :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.