Friday, May 21, 2010

Beauty for Ashes

It's with mixed emotions that I write this post. But I wanted to share with my blogging friends who have become such a source of inspiration for me. It's been a rainy spring here so my sage just took off and is in full bloom. In the midst of all of the beauty around us, we had to put our beloved little Dodger to sleep on Wednesday. He was part of our family for just under 14 years. Never a mean bone in his body even when he didn't feel well or was hurting. He loved children and tried to be the "big" protector of his family. It's ironic in this life that sometimes it takes a loyal pet to demonstrate to us what unconditional love looks like. The bible doesn't really tell us if our animals will be in heaven, but I'm sure I share the hope of many that they will be there, tail wagging to greet us. Thanks for sharing my little memorial to a friend. Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Aw! Poor Dodger! He was a great dog! :( Im so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so so sorry! I know hard that was. We had to do the same for our beloved Buttons a few years ago. We still miss hime and talk about him!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about your loss, it really is like loosing a member of the family.

    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time stopping by. I'm so sad for you at the loss of your precious pup. We had to put our dog down last year (12-year-old yellow lab) and I still miss her a lot. May the Lord comfort you as you mourn your little friend.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.