Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pretty Flowers and Yummy Cupcakes!

I've been having a lot of fun with the Daffodils and Hyacinths that are blooming at the edge of the woods. They're really the only spring decorating I've done. But the smell of the Hyacinths is enough to put me in a spring state of mind. This arrangement will scent my guest bathroom. Cupcakes! Who can live without them? I made some for a church function a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm wondering what to make for Easter. I recently discovered that my oldest son likes Divinity candy. It was around $9. in the candy store we were at. I'd like to make some for Easter. Has anyone ever made it? Any good recipes to share?

5 comments:

  1. Tanya,
    I love Spring flowers, and your arrangements are divine! The cupcakes look yummy too!
    Have a beautiful Easter weekend,
    Monicaxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyacinths do smell heavenly! I love all your daffodil arrangements especially the one with the twigs!

    Your cupcakes look like they're from one of those specialty bake shops! Just beautiful!

    I hope you and your family have a lovely Easter.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness,those cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL. Gosh, and you did them yourself!!
    Pretty flowers too.
    Now for the divinity...one of my favorites and when my mom was alive,it was the candy she would kill for! :)
    It is a little tricky to make...I've always been told to never try it on a cloudy or rainy day (wives tale??) but I have had a recipe since the 60's that is good. I can't say it is a NEVER FAIL, but most of the time, it comes out good. I'll email it to ya.
    Blessed Easter..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes are lovely. Too pretty to eat. Hope you are successful with your divinity. I too have heard that you shouldn't attempt it when it is rainy. Let us know how it turns out.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely blog! I am now following!

    follow me too yeah?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.