Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Perfect Cottage Bedroom

I've been thinking about changing up my cottage bedroom lately. Obviously it starts with a focal point bed. But what is the perfect cottage bedroom?
This white and silver bedroom is gorgeous, don't you think? The textured wallpaper keeps it from being too subdued.
I love the texture of this four poster bed. The touch of color really pops.
What about yellow? It's a cheerful color but combined with white and brown in this room it seems more restful to me.
A door that opens to the garden is a nice feature.
Love the beams on the ceiling.
The apple green on this poster bed is perfect. I still haven't decided what changes I'll make in my bedroom but it's always fun to dream!
photos: Somerset Bay, Flikr

7 comments:

  1. Oh Tanya! I'm dreaming of beams on the ceiling! Love that bedroom!
    If you had difficulties with the links on the sidebar, please feel free to email me again.
    Hugs,
    Monicax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya,
    Nice dreams! I've been looking for inspiration for a DIY headboard for our bed. I've seen fabric covered headboards, old doors, draped fabric... so many great ideas! Not sure if we'll get to this project this year, but I'm dreamin' right along with you! :)
    Have a lovely day,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to dream! I love all of those bedrooms you've shown.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya! What a wonderful choice of inspirational pics! It's nice to have an idea file for when you are ready to make some changes. Sometimes even a small change like paint can make a big difference! I'm surprised to say my favorite is the yellow room. It just seems like you would wake up happy everyday in that room.

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage
    Valentine Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tanya,
    Although the bedrooms all have a little of this and that to choose from, I would go with what makes your heart sing, if you don't have the right bed for you FIND it!! thats a great starting point, build around it in the vission of what you want your cottage bedroom to be.

    Start with one great piece and if the rest is from great tag sales, yard sales, flea market pieces, just let the room tell you what it wants to be and you will have created a peaceful place to rest the soul!

    ~Dore~
    Come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impossible choice! They all look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those ceiling beams, too! Lovely images.
    I am off to explore your blog.
    Leigha
    P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment on my guest post at The Shiny Pebble.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.