Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Decorating with Garage Sale Goodies

Hope you all had a peaceful Thanksgiving. We had a perfect day. After all of the feasting and visiting, I brought some sad little houses out that I had bought at a garage sale last year. They were covered in "colonial" colors. Out came the paint and the glitter!
My two daughters and I had a great time with our "fixer-uppers". I still need to add some finishing details such as tiny wreaths and strings of lights. I'm not sure where their home will be for the Christmas season but it will all have to come together soon.
The little bottle brush Christmas trees are vintage. I picked them up at a sale about a month ago. They still have the old, yellowed drug store price stickers on the bottom. I also picked up some adorable stockings made out of antique quilts at the same sale. I'll show you them when I have them put up. Until next time! Tanya

5 comments:

  1. Those house are so cute! That must have been fun fixing them up!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. the yellowed price tag would be my favorite!!

    oooohhhhh and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya! Oh, how wonderful that you made over these little sweet house. Dear One, you can really 'flip' houses! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me today.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees are gorgeous and I just love the houses. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun.....vintage is just the best :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.