Sunday, December 13, 2009

Vintage Cottage Christmas

I used an old chenille blanket for a tree skirt. Just love the snowy look of it.
I found the big snowflakes at a Flea Market this fall. You can certainly tell that they were vintage by the old yellowed price tag and the mellowed, creamy color of the glitter.They were a dollar each. I wish that I had bought all twenty of them instead of just ten. Isn't that always the case?
Kept it simple on the mantel with herbs and chalkboard pots. The stockings will go up this week.
Mr. CG just got the mantel up recently and it doesn't have a finish on it yet. Just picture it stained or painted, k?
This is the second year I've had this nativity. I found it new in the box at a garage sale. I just love it because there is a scripture verse on each piece. This probably will get a little greenery and lights around it before it's all said and done!
Dining room buffet and chandelier adorned with greenery and sparkle.
Framed silverware just for fun.
Apothecary jars filled with snow and mini pine trees.
More silver and greenery.
The hutch in my kitchen is decked out in traditional red and green. Along with some velvet deer that I bought last year after Christmas.
These Santa mugs are dated 1960 on the bottom. We don't drink out of them but I love 'em anyway! Next to them is my Mother's pitcher. I remember having Iced tea out of it as a child.
Any dishes that are red and green are going to end up in my kitchen hutch this year!
The sitting area in my bedroom is home to a little parchment paper tree, that I found at a Flea Market of course.
Estate sale bird prints. I painted the frames. Roadside find wood carved bedframe. Gotta love it!
These vintage buttons belonged to my Mother-in-law's mom. I strung them on twine to make a garland.
Hope you enjoyed the tour. Come back soon and don't forget to leave me a comment! Merry Christmas.

18 comments:

  1. lets see i love the button garland, the greenery and silver that is dear to my heart.... actually love it all.. wishing you happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tree is gorgeous! your home is as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeousness! I'm here from Nester's party and so glad I clicked over. Looks like we have similar tastes :)

    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love it all!
    I especially love your hutch! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place is lovely. I never would have thought to use a chenille blanket for a tree skirt. Lovely idea. Your home is so cozy and warm. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely white Christmas you have created! Your little white Joy pots are darling too!

    Enjoyed my tour very much! Thank you for letting me visit!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love the headboard. The sheet music is such a cool idea too. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think everything looks just beautiful! I love the chenille blanket as a tree skirt! Your tree is so pretty with those big snowflakes on them and I love that Nativity! So glad you posted pictures as I enjoyed them very much!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is beyond beautiful, Tanya. So inspiring, too, and creative. Best is the button garland you made from your Mother-in-laws Mother's buttons. It all looks so cozy and warm. And then there are all the white things, and the red dishes, Fabulous.
    Merry Christmas! xoxo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found through Manuela's. All so cute! What a Winter Wonderland! Hope you don't mind me visiting!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for such nice comments. I'm constantly tweaking and second guessing myself, so this was a boost of confidence for me. Be merry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Manuela sent me your way! I adore the button garland! What a precious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Tanya,
    I cannot stop ooohing and aaahing at your beautiful decorations!!! Your fireplace is stunning, and I just adore the tree. I added you to my blogroll, so I can visit more often ;) hope it's ok.
    Hugs and have a joyous Christmas!
    Monica xx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house is beautifully decorated, Tanya. I love the chenille tree skirt and those red berries hanging off your hutch are a gorgeous touch. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. no second guess-es here ...you've got it goin' on girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I am loving your posts! I'll be back to drool over more!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tanya what a joy this post is! Everything you've done to welcome Christmas at your place has been done with lots of love, it just shines through.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow!!! I am in LOVE with your decor! You are very talented at this and you have amazing taste. Every detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.