Thursday, June 18, 2009

One of My Favorite Rooms

I don't know about you but I love seeing frugal ideas that still have a sense of style and fun. When I decorate my home, entertain, or live my life I have to express my personal style or it just doesn't work out. Regardless of the budget I'll only be happy with the result if my own creativity goes into it. Are you the same way? I love this particular room because the curtains were found at an estate sale and everything else could easily have been found, made, or bought secondhand. It's unique, green, and on budget. Those are the best spaces in my opinion. Photo is from the former Cottage Living magazine, which is no longer in publication. It was my absolute favorite!

6 comments:

  1. Tanya all my frugal decorating projects are on my blog. I used to enjoy Cottage Living too. I kept a few of the last issues.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manuela,
    Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I kept more issues of Cottage Living than I care to admit. I am a magazine junkie. But at least I usually buy them at the used bookstore for 50 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent idea Tanya. Lauren over @ Purestylehome.blogspot.com got The Washington Post's top gong this week for her post on her $500 Teen Bedroom Makeover. What she did on such a tight budget was totally awesome. Nice to know someone like the WP recognizes that frugal can be very good - done well.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad that so many lovely magazines are disappearing. At least you have all your old issues to look at though.
    Have a great weekend Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Catherine. I hope you aslo have great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Millie,
    I'll have to check out Lauren's blog. It sounds great. I have a few friends that are very creative but don't have a blog. I'm hoping to lure some of these creative souls into the blogosphere! (friends that I know and friends I've yet to meet)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.