Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cheap, Easy, (& Healthy) Salmon Recipe

I’ve been trying to experiment with some new recipes using canned goods. They aren’t my favorite. However, they’re cheap, easy, and store well. We’ve been trying to eat healthy (Doug Kaufmann Anti-fungal diet), which doesn’t always work well with canned goods. IMG_6288

Salmon, even canned Salmon is very good for your health. Look for wild caught vs. farmed. Salmon contains high levels of Omega 3 fatty acids, minerals, and vitamin D, just to name a few of it’s numerous benefits. So eat it up! Here is a recipe to try. Let me know how you like it.

IMG_6287

Salmon and Egg Bake

1 can (14.75oz) Salmon

1 can chopped green chilies (or fresh peppers chopped)

7 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup cheese (I used chevre’)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper (black or red)

Lightly grease a 9” baking pan. Mix all ingredients and pour into pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Until center is firm and top is lightly browned. Let cool for a few minutes and cut into squares for serving.

This recipe could easily be doubled while still using only 1 can of Salmon, if you prefer. 

IMG_6290

 

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.