Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Using a China Hutch in the Living Room

I have the most adorable, shabby chic china hutch that I bought at a garage sale. I’ve moved it from my kitchen to my dining room and back again over the past year. Finally, I decided to try it in my living room. It’s a perfect fit for an awkward area.

 

P1014003

I had already added new glass knobs and a burlap top. I accessorized it with some of my favorite things; a set of vintage books, pebbles, seashells, old b&w pictures, and my two favorite cloches. It ended up being more of a “curated” look, rather than decorated, which I love.

 

 

P1013993 P1013992

P1013987P1013986

 

It has a fall feel to it, but in a more gentle way than bright orange and yellow. I might add some bold leaves as they begin to change. However, for now, it has a calm feel to it that is a perfect inspiration for the pursuit of simplicity.

 

P1013973

 

 

  

P1013982 P1013980

The texture is what keeps it interesting.

 

 

 

P1013972

The fun part is that we can keep adding found objects such as acorns, fossils, and leaves as we gather them on our nature walks.

I think my petite hutch has settled into it’s home, at last.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning...so many possibilities.

    I use a painted vintage one to hold white ironstone dishes in our family room.

    Blessings...Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, I like!! Looks great right where it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that calm, natural look and the books facing out.....very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great.. Is that a "married" piece? Or, did the top actually come with the chest?... Either way....they look so nice together.


    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hutch! It looks great in your LR, and the way you displayed your things in it is just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hutch to pieces! You gave it a perfectly 'curated' look, simple and versatile. So inspiring.
    Hugs,
    Monicax.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.