Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thinking About Rust

I've been thinking about rust today! Not the color but the real thing. It has such an appeal to me and I was wondering why. I don't usually have time to analyze my decorating choices! I like what I like and I put it how I like it and that's it. Until I rearrange it a week later anyway. But I was in the house alone today... and I noticed that I have several rust patina accessories around. I decided it's because of the earthiness it brings to a room. It is heading back there after all! My cottage just seems to call out for nature inspired themes. Our backyard is about an acre of solid woods, deer prance through the neighborhood in herds and we're only a few miles from the lake. I think rusty items fit right into Cottage Glamour style. What about you? What brings the glamour to your cottage?

8 comments:

  1. We also love rusty items, but usually when it comes through the old paint. It adds lots of character to any cottage room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a cottage...I just have an old ranch style. I've been trying to change my decor though.
    Just the other day, I found an old antique garden chair at the thrift store. It's all rusty but it really looks beautiful. I'll have to paint it though because when I sit on it, I get rust all over me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's not too crusty, you could spray it with polyurethane. That should stop the rust from getting on you. In my opinion a ranch style home could be a perfectly wonderful cottage. Just add a few cottage touches and you've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rusty look, too! I think I love the texture the best. But the color is also so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like so many things that I guess it's all of these things that make my house a home that I enjoy living in.
    Blessings to you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya, just found your blog.
    I also like the look of rusted items. It says they've been out there in the elements. They're endured. They have character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say, "Whatever makes you smile!" What lovely touches these items add to your home!

    Enjoyed reading your blog...I will be back!

    Happy day, Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for visiting. I treasure your comments and they're a bright spot in my day!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.