Monday, August 24, 2009

Notes from the Garden

Melon in progress.
Country Gentleman Heirloom Corn
Harvest Basket
Herb Garden
Peppers turning red.
Wildflowers that grow at the edge of the woods.
Heirloom Zucchini
Herb cuttings from the garden. I'll pot these up when they get roots and enjoy the heavenly scent all winter!
Opal and Lime Basil harvested to make Pesto.
Basil in the food processor. Add olive oil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and a touch of lemon if you like. Process until smooth and serve with chicken, over tomatoes, on sandwiches, with crudites or crackers, on seafood, pizza or pasta, mixed into soup, or potato salad, or straight out of the jar with a spoon. This stuff is addictive! Have a beautiful day.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya,
    ... Your veggies look yummy!
    And LOVE LOVE LOVE pasta al pesto!!!
    Enjoy the rest of summer,
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had tortellini with pesto tonight! I love that stuff! Your garden looks so great! Your corn looks so tall and wonderful! My corn didn't get very high but it had some tastey small ears (tri-color heirloom forget the name). Everything looks so flourishing - I think mine is winding down now.

    manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than a fresh homegrown tomato! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing about all of the fresh produce in the summer is that I can get a healthy dinner on the table quickly! Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Heirloom Zucchini...are the vines growing like Jack and the Beanstalk? The Italians here in NY call this Zucchini, "Gugutz". I received on last year from an Italian gardener and it was 20" long!!! And so delicious!
    Yah, for pesto!! Beautiful vegies and pictures!

    Happy Gardening, Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks lovely, Tanya. I've not heard of lime basil. Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.