Thursday, May 28, 2009

War Eagle Mill

Have you ever baked your own bread? How about some Buckwheat pancakes or Blue cornbread? If you would like to give it a try I have a great place for you to order Organic flours, cornmeal and many other delicious goodies. According to their website, "War Eagle Mill's history begins with the story of a tenacious pioneer couple, Sylvanus and Katherine Blackburn, who understood the importance of fresh, natural food in the lives of families as far back as 1832 when the first mill was built."
I get the pleasure of visiting the three story mill and shopping for my goods in person. We usually try to make a stop at the Bean Palace restaurant that overlooks the War Eagle river. However, if you aren't going to be in the Northwest Arkansas area anytime soon, they'll send you a free catalog! The surrounding property that the mill sits on is also the location of a huge craft fair twice a year. My son and I counted license plates from 20+ states in the fall.
Just thought you would like to know about this unique location that is steeped in history and offers some great products for a healthy lifestyle also!

3 comments:

  1. man! does that sound like a dream job owning that! now you have my mind-a-thinkin!!

    very nice to meet you via saavycityfarmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of baking my own bread now, as my daughter and I are not supposed to eat bread made with conventional enriched flour. I will check out this mill.
    Your blog is so cute! you need more followers! What's the deal? I'll try to promote you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever gone to their craft show?
    We used to set up in Hillblly Corner upteen years ago...we were just right around the corner from War Eagle. What fun we had eating Indian Fry Bread stuffed with beans, lettuce, and tomatoes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.