Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thrifty Throw Pillows

I always pick up cloth napkins that are pretty when I find them on clearance or at a garage sale. I love to line bread baskets with them, place them under plates (looks great on a bed tray, and just use them as napkins. One of my favorite uses is to make them into pillows. They are so easy because the edges are already hemmed. Just gather them up,
pin and sew,
and put them where you'll admire your handi-work!
I just sewed around the outside hemline on these, popped the pillow in and sewed it closed. It left a small flanged edge. The pillow forms are two down pillows that I found at a garage sale for fifty cents each. The cloth napkins were on clearance at Target for $2.50 for four of them. For around $4. I have two beautiful pillows. Gotta love it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda - what a fantastic idea!I often see pretty linen napkins at bargain basement prices, but wonder what on earth I could do with them. Love your new look blog!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the natural color against your white couch.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.