Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Homemade Body Scrub

I don't know about you but running the heat indoors and the winter air outdoors, dries my skin out. I love the pampered feeling of using a salt scrub while I'm in the shower but I don't love the price of these luxury scrubs. I've found that they're simple and inexpensive to make and I can custom blend my favorite scents. Here is my recipe: 1/2 Cup Sea salt, 3 to 4 TBSP. Epsom salt, 4 TBSP. light Olive oil, or other light oil of your choice, 6 to 8 drops essential oil, 2 drops Tea Tree oil. Combine all ingredients. Apply to moist skin. Scrub and rinse. Could also be used in a warm bath. Just add a tablespoon or so and soak! I used Wild Chamomile in the scrub that I made today and I always add a couple of drops of Tea Tree oil for it's skin soothing properties. Most of the ingredients can be found at the grocery store. You may have to check your local health or whole food store for the oils. Enjoy the pampering!

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely idea! I am going to have to try this :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try making my own. Yep, my skin is feeling so dry between the cold air outside and the heat inside!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't made body scrub but I did make bath salts years ago. I love your flea market finds post! I found some neat things this weekend and blogged about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Tanya, thank you for stopping by! So glad you did & I hope you'll come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tanya! What a great idea! Thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a try soon!
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.