Monday, January 19, 2009

What Can You Do With $20., a Saturday Afternoon, and a Couple of Flea Markets? So Glad You Asked!

Check out my Saturday Flea Market finds! I have to admit that the Matlesse bedspread was from a garage sale. It was really more like an Estate sale because they were selling everything in the house and the house also! They had a beautiful antique piano for $300. However, we were shopping on a very. small. budget! My eyes fell on this gorgeous Matlesse green-blue bedspread. It's in perfect condition and a king size! Cost: $5. My next favorite find were these oranges and lemons in a basket. I found these at a local flea market. They feel like they are made out of wood but have the look of stone fruit. I think they are beautiful and will look great in my Apothecary jars. Turns out they are real dried fruit! I couldn't pass them up for Cost: $3.40 including the basket! Next I found these great frames at another flea market that just opened up near my house. I have been collecting chunky frames for quite some time. I plan on painting them shabby white and running them up my stairway wall filled with black and white photos. Until I get to that project, these were great to add to the collection at a Cost: $1. each including the glass! I also found these great paper stacking baskets, this beautiful dark wood cake pedestal, and four dainty glass plates. Cost for all of these: $9. So there you have it! I spent under $20. and had a fun time with Mr. Cottage Glamour while we poked and prodded around Flea markets last Saturday afternoon. Cheap date and I added some cottage goodness in the process! What's your favorite thrifty find?

11 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...I am coveting....seriously!1 What great finds, but am loving that chair. It is in unbelievable shape and $20 - total score! You go girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I take comfort in knowing that there is another homeschool mom out there that is easily distracted by decorating goodness! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bedspread is so pretty~~ I have about 5 Matlesse bedspreads,4 white and one pale green. I love them. Thank-you for stopping by. Your blog header is so pretty. I found a new web page that makes headers it is so much fun. It is called scrapblog. You can use any pictures you want plus they have thousands of differ backgrounds and beautiful stickers, I think you would enjoy it.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger, thanks so much for stopping by and the great tip for the blog header. I'm always looking for those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you for stopping by that was sweet. I just wanted to tell you that you can shop at shopgoodwill.com and get a pile of hankies. The bid started at $4.00. Shopgoodwill.com is better than ebay because they don't cost as much and there's not as many people bidding on the items, only because I don't think very many people know about it. Well good luch with your quilt.I may have the hankies but now I just need to find time!
    Ginger
    P.S I bought some pots from shopgoodwill just before Christmas and they sent me a teapot by mistake.So I emailed them and they said to keep the teapot and we will still send you your pots. I thought that was very good business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ginger! I'm definitely going to check out the shop goodwill site. Sounds great! And yes, the hankie quilt will have to get in line behind all of my other unfinished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and wanted to say hello. Looks like you found some great stuff for $20 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I am so envious!! What wonderful treasures you found. I am in love with those metal letter tray. I have the same cake pedestal :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by! It's so fun to meet new people that have the same passion for the "hunt" as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm drooling over your bedspread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa......you are one thrifty chickie! I love your finds.

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.