Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Glamping Wannabe

Ok, so I’ve been MIA for awhile. But I’m missing all of you terribly. I’m so inspired by fellow bloggers and readers. Your creativity, encouragement, and comments are like a breath of fresh air.

I’ll try to catch you up on the never-ending remodel. We “freshened up” the powder room. I’ll post pictures soon. Now it’s on to the Master bath and then the teenager’s bathroom. Phew! I’m determined to get done soon. But I’m happy with the progress.

In the meantime, we’re getting our act together with the garden, had a garage sale, got back on my anti-fungal diet, and planning some camping. No actually “Glamping”.         Shhh. Don’t tell the two guys I’m going with (son & hub)!

I’ve pinned some pictures on Pinterest, so that I can get some ideas. However, I don’t know if my Academy sports store tent is going to look anything like my inspiration pictures. Where can I get an amazing “Out of Africa” looking tent? Oh, and it has to be at a bargain price! I know, “good luck with that!”

So enough blah, blah, blah. Onto some pictures.

bedroom Wake up here, fresh air, bacon cooking, what could be wrong in my world at this point? A male comes in and drops a turtle on my bed for closer examination. Ok, I’m back in reality now.

 

white tent

 

white tent with lanterns

Love the lanterns.

Check out this floral tent from Cath Kidston. Love.

cathkidston_tent-741626

camper bed

I know it’s cheating because this bed is in a camper. However, I’m trying to figure out how to re-create it in a tent!

glampingdaytime

This blog called I need pretty things has the most adorable ideas for glamping. I love the name and I couldn’t agree more. Check it out but leave me a comment first, won’t you? I want to make sure that there isn’t just the sound of deep space out there. “In space no one can hear you scream” or ramble on in a blog post either!

Tanya

2 comments:

  1. The floral tent is pretty. I wouldn't mind camping in that!! And the tent with the lanterns is just like a little cottage.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Sheri. However, I can see it becoming a problem when I don't want to leave the tent and I want my meals delivered to me like a princess! A stack of books by the cushy bed wouldn't hurt either. ha

      Delete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.