Monday, September 19, 2011

Shabby Chic Aquarium

We have this 29 gallon aquarium that we bought last Christmas. Sounded like a good idea at the time. You know how it goes. Anyway, it was in my dining room and it was becoming an eyesore. Not really, but I can’t handle furniture that I can’t move around! So it had to go up to teenage son’s room or get a makeover.IMG_4908 So we went on a thrift store shopping hunt for anything funky, kitschy or just different. We found this “blue boy” statue for $1. We both thought he looked like an artifact that had fallen from a Victorian shipwreck long ago. I added some decorative paper to the back and a couple of pottery Sake’ cups that we had. Voila! Now the aquarium gets to stay in the kitchen (where we moved it).

The fish seem to like it.

IMG_4911

On another note, cooler weather and some rain have finally arrived. It’s beginning to feel like fall around here.

IMG_4900 IMG_4907 IMG_4903

Until next time…

Just for fun say “turquoise purse” 3 times fast! Don’t look at the words as you say them. Can you do it on the first try?

 

Tanya

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way the fish tank looks. Just by adding a few things, you can have a whole new look. The blue boy statue and pottery cups goes perfect in there.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. My dh would be drooling about now.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.