Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thrifty Outdoor Table Setting

Summer is the perfect time to have dinner outside. I gathered a few things from around the house and garden to set an inviting table.

Come and see…

IMG_4220

I have a chippy picnic table and benches that I picked up at a garage sale. I plan on refinishing it. But for now, I’ll use what I have.

IMG_4187

I pulled a vintage glider up to the table to make it more comfortable and interesting. I added a lace tablecloth that was handmade by a grandmother. Wicker placemats are layered on. Add white dishes, vintage flatware, sparkly glasses, cloth napkins, and river stones.

IMG_4205

The mix of rustic with refined, such as the crystal pedestal next to basic jar candles, keeps it casual. In lieu of blooms are fresh cut herbs surrounding a couple of nursery pots with ferns in them.

IMG_4196

A little brown butterfly couldn’t resist the Oregano blossoms.

IMG_4198

Canning jars and a galvanized bin work perfectly to keep the iced tea and lemonade chilled.

IMG_4202

Add in a few comfortable cushions and hopefully you’ll linger at the table while it’s still warm and green outside.

IMG_4215

Use what you have. Set the table, add some natural elements from the garden, mix rustic and refined, and make it comfortable.

Enjoy your Summer meals without buying anything but the groceries!

IMG_4188

Tanya

I’m linking up with The Shabby Nest and Faded Charm. Go visit them for more inspiration and fun! Of course, after you leave me a comment.

4 comments:

  1. best advice ever! Love your pretty outdoor dining table and if I could, I'd be there for dinner tonight :) of course, I'd bring dessert. so so pretty ~diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I wish the weather were mild enough for us to eat outside, but we have to wait for fall. I'm going to keep this post in mind for then, though, because it's just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty, cozy place to have an afternoon lunch, Tanya! The view from your porch is beautiful! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I visited your blog today. Your photos are lovely. I always like to go to blogs that have home decor that I can browse through. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your wonderful ideas. Hope to hear from you, and have sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.