Wednesday, February 16, 2011

$1. Lamp Makeover and White Around the Cottage

Before we get to the lamp I wanted to show you my $2 stool. I picked it up at a Garage sale last summer. All it needed were new caps for the feet, which were under $5. It's able to swivel up and down for height. I've seen these for a lot of money in some catalogs [that I love to browse]. Score!
Next up are my white vintage plates. I only have a few so I put them on a wall in my kitchen. 





 I found this lamp at a Garage sale also. It was $1. I bought a lamp kit and rewired it. It was a true vintage lamp! I picked up the shade for 50 cents at a Rummage sale then covered it in old dictionary pages.



I added some metal letters and a little braid trim to finish it off.


As I was looking through the dictionary, I found these really cool insect pages. I'll definitely be using these in the near future!
 



Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Then go check out all of the other white loveliness over at Faded Charm!


11 comments:

  1. Love the stool and the plates but wow, that lamp shade is awesome!!!! You are so creative:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a lamp shade. So sweet.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, Seeing your bargains is great fun!!!
    You did well.

    I just love a great garage sale or thrift shop buy.

    You never know what you're going to come across and it's a surprise. These are the kinds of surprises I enjoy!!!

    God bless and may you have a sweet day,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little stool! I love what you did with your lampshade, that looks great!!! I just ordered a lamp off Etsy, I might have to borrow your idea there:)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! Yes, I do believe the beach cottage only has one bedroom!!! It's just over 900 sq feet but hey, I'd sleep outside under the stars!!! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your finds are great. Wherer are you using the stool?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ironstone platters. YOu did a wonderful job on the lampshade. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love that stool and the plates are gorgeous ~ but the lamp knocks my socks off ~ wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative lampshade, Tanya! I'm inspired! Sure beats huntin' all over tarnation for the perfect shade.

    Love the stool and your white dish display, as well.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.