Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting into Fall...Slowly

As we're finishing some projects around here, I've been trying to put my house in the fall mood. My mom and dad in-law will be visiting in about a week and since they're coming from the beach land to the mountain land, I thought it would be a good idea to give them a good dose of Midwestern fall. However, I'm having a hard time parting with my seashells until next summer. I grew up near the ocean and I love everything about it. So now I live near a lake but still love a beach house feel to my home. I think I'll just pull some of the chocolate browns and muted grays out of the shells for accent colors and keep them around a little while longer! Hope you had a great weekend. We spent it working on our counter tops. I love how they're coming together and I'll show you our progress soon.

5 comments:

  1. Tanya,
    I like all your beach decor...I use lots of shells, sailboats, etc in my home also.

    I'm so glad you came so now I can visit with you...

    The doll house is beautiful...additional pieces to finish the structure were inside.

    Victorian dollhouses are gorgeous...

    God Bless...Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tanya,
    May you have a wonderful visit with family and blessed Autumn.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh how lovely...swing by my place...there is something waiting for you....cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya! Oh, a your home looks so lovely! Have a good visit with your family. Thank you for sharing my joyness with me!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love all the frames with old keys together. Very inspiring!
    ~Tracie

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.