Friday, June 1, 2012

Pretty Stuff and Smoker Sundried Tomatoes

Ok, so it’s officially the weekend and I thought I would just ramble a bit. Actually, I don’t really need the weekend as an excuse. It just sounded good in my head.

There is an amazing place in Joplin, MO called Sandstone Gardens. They have A LOT of yummy stuff. Some of it needs to come home with me.

IMG_3636 IMG_3638 

Now for more pretty. I still can’t forget about these white flowers from the Wrangler Idea House. I need to hack be inspired to create something similar to these. Paper Mache’ maybe? I dunno.

IMG_5034

On a final note, have you ever made sundried tomatoes in your smoker? They’re sooo delicious. I’m talking “eat them straight out of the jar” delicious. We tried them with and and also without the smoke. Both were great. Then they got packed in jars of Olive oil. To some of the oil, garlic and herbs were added. I kept the jars in the refrigerator so that they wouldn’t need any further heat processing. They never stick around long enough for long-term storage anyway!

 Here is a good tutorial for you.

IMG_4931 IMG_4928

Mmm. Just try it and let me know how they turned out!

End of ramble. Happy weekend.

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.