Monday, May 21, 2012

Container Gardening by the Front Door

We’re in the process of re-working our large potager, so I  tucked some seeds into large pots in early spring. They’re so easy to care for and I’m getting quite a bit of edibles from a small area, and no weeding!

IMG_6272 

Zinnias mixed with Shallots. They’re just about to bloom.

 

IMG_6269

Haricot Vert green beans, Spaghetti squash, kale, cucumbers, Swiss chard, and many different herbs are waiting just outside the front door.

IMG_6270

IMG_6273

The herbs are happy in the warm weather. Parsley, Marjoram, Sage and Catnip.

IMG_6276

The purple Clematis really put on a show this year.

IMG_6274

This area is just under one of my bedroom windows. It’s becoming a favorite little garden area for me. Rob edged it in stone and it looks great. Although I need to get my weed eater out and do some trimming!

IMG_6275

You can barely see my patch of Lavender blooming. I can never have enough Lavender and I plan on planting a lot more over time. Have you ever made Lavender lemonade? Amazing stuff!

All of my blooming plants are in purple, blue or white in the front of my house. Even most of the herbs have cooperated with the color scheme when they bloom! Except for the pineapple sage. I just cut the red blooms and bring them inside.

So there you have it. My tiny front garden. Even if you only have a balcony, abundant herbs, flowers, and veggies can be yours. Hope you get your hands in some dirt soon. It’s good for the soul!

 

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment? You've made my day! I love to meet new friends and hear from old ones.