Turquoise Eggs

See that pretty, lavender hen up there in my updated header? She’s earned her “claim to fame” because she started laying the most beautiful turquoise eggs a couple of weeks ago.
IMG_5200 
She’s a Bantam so her eggs will always be a little smaller than even the smallest, full-sized chicken egg. As a friend put it, “It’s like a Robin egg on steroids!”
IMG_5197
It doesn’t even move the lever of my vintage egg scale. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to crack them. I’ll have to make pinholes and blow out the contents so that I can save the perfect little eggshell. Wouldn’t they be beautiful on a wreath or in an Apothecary jar?
By the way, how do you like my new header? I won’t tell you how long it took me to make, even with a tutorial! I guess I need to work on bringing out my inner geek.

Labels: